Occupational Therapy Services
Prestage Occupational Therapy is a local, family owned and run business. We cater to the following clients:
- Children aged 0-18 years, of any ability
- Neurodiverse adults, and those with diagnosed disabilities
- Individuals requiring cognitive rehabilitation
- Department of Veteran's Affairs Gold and White Card holders
We are proud to service the Great Southern area, and will travel to you if you live outside of Albany. Excellent customer service is of utmost importance to us. Please call us for a chat to discuss your needs.
Our occupational therapy services can be provided with or without a referral, and may be claimed on your private health insurance (please check directly with your insurer). We also provide services under:
- GP management plan/team care arrangement referral/chronic disease management
- Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) Funding
- Better Start Initiative for Disability Funding
- Catastrophic Injury Support (Insurance Commission of WA)
- Department of Veteran's Affairs (DVA)
One on one consultations for assessment, planning of services, intervention, and reviews.
Individual consultations may take place at the clinic, at your home, or your child’s school or day care. Video and telephone consultations are also available if required.
Group therapy is available for a range of interventions, and groups are run on a needs basis (with a minimum of three individuals needed per group to start). Groups currently running:
- Legendary Life Skills for Teen Girls - this social skills group is for girls aged 12 to 17. We have lots of fun doing social activities which also sneakily work on important life skills like communication, managing conflicts or differences of opinion, practising self-regulation, and friendship/relationship skills. A safe zone to bring real-life issues for discussion and support from peers. Run by Rhianna, OT.
- Legendary Life Skills for Boys - this social skills group is for boys aged 8 to 10. We will have lots of fun doing hands-on activities which also sneakily work on important life skills like communication, managing conflicts or differences of opinion, self-care and basic independent living skills, practising self-regulation, and friendship/relationship skills. A safe zone to bring real-life issues for discussion and support from peers. Run by Rhianna, OT.
HANG TIME - Currently not running (taking expressions of interest)
This is a social group for older teens and adults (16+) of any ability. Please contact us for info on cost, where to meet, and options for funding assistance.
Weekly, low cost, mentor-guided, casual group for meeting new friends and building social and life skills in real situations. A mix of community based activities or get-togethers at home base (Prestage OT - 20a Lockyer Ave).
Please contact us for more information regarding any of our groups.
Consultation and screening
We are available to provide consultative services for individuals, schools, or day care centres etc.
Kindergarten or pre-primary screening programs are also available for schools. On-site group programs can be run for the convenience of parents and to upskill support staff. Please contact us to discuss your organisation’s needs.
Clinical supervision of occupational therapy students, new graduates, or allied health assistance students. Contact Rhianna for more information.
Therapy, sensory, and education products
We now stock a select range of products, available to purchase locally from the practice. Check our facebook page for our current stock. Alternatively, please click the link to be directed to the Skillbuilders Therapy Product Shop Online, where you can select from a wider range of products, delivered to your door. By using the link, we receive a small commission for referring you, so you will be supporting us as well as supporting Skillbuilders, which is a WA owned and operated business. Thank you for your support.
Our speech pathologist is back from maternity leave and will be visiting every school holidays.
Services provided include:
- Individual assessments
- Diagnostic assessment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Individual therapy via telehealth (Skype)
- Individual programs to be carried out by Allied Health Assistants working at Prestage Occupational Therapy
- Home programs