Occupational Therapy Services
Prestage Occupational Therapy is a local, family owned and run business. We cater to children aged 0-18, of any ability, as well as young adults with disabilities.
We are proud to service the Great Southern area, and will travel to you if you live outside of Albany. Excellent customer service is of utmost importance to us. Please call us for a chat to discuss your needs.
Our occupational therapy services can be provided with or without a referral, and may be claimed on your private health insurance (please check directly with your insurer). We also provide services under:
- GP management plan/team care arrangement referral/chronic disease management
- Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) Funding
- Better Start Initiative for Disability Funding
One on one consultations for assessment, planning of services, intervention, and reviews.
Individual consultations may take place at the clinic, at your home, or your child’s school or day care. Video and telephone consultations are also available if required.
Group therapy is available for a range of interventions, and groups are run on a needs basis (with a minimum of three individuals needed per group to start). Groups currently running:
- Little Legends - pre-kindy, kindy, and pre-primary aged school readiness groups. These groups support our little ones to transition smoothly to primary school. We help to build confidence in playing with others, working in groups, and following instructions. There are also lots of opportunities for our little ones to work on using their bodies to join in on active play and other important school activities like writing and using the hands.
- Tricky Fingers - fine motor group for a range of ages. These groups empower our children by building confidence and feelings of success around activities that typically happen at school, like writing, drawing, cutting, gluing, and using both hands together.
- Calm & Cool Kids - sensory processing and self-regulation groups for a range of ages. These groups empower children to work out what helps them to cope in different environments. Perfect for children who are easily overwhelmed by things like noise, lights, or movement.
- Legendary Life Skills for Girls - this life skills group is for girls aged 12 to 16. We have lots of fun doing social activities which also sneakily work on important life skills like communication, managing conflicts or differences of opinion, practising self-regulation, and friendship/relationship skills. A safe zone to bring real-life issues for discussion and support from peers.
- NEW IN TERM 1, 2018: Legendary Life Skills for Boys - this life skills group is for boys aged 9 to 12. We will have lots of fun doing hands-on activities which also sneakily work on important life skills like communication, managing conflicts or differences of opinion, self-care and basic independent living skills, practising self-regulation, and friendship/relationship skills. A safe zone to bring real-life issues for discussion and support from peers.
- NEW IN TERM 1, 2018: Legendary Life Skills for Kids - this life skills group is for children aged 6 to 8. We will have lots of fun doing hands-on activities, movement and play, while also sneakily working on important life skills like communication, sharing, taking turns, practising self-regulation, and group skills.
During the January school holidays in 2018, we will be running Little Legends, Calm & Cool Kids, and Tricky Fingers. Please contact us for more information.
Consultation and screening
We are available to provide consultative services for individuals, schools, or day care centres etc.
Kindergarten or pre-primary screening programs are also available for schools. On-site group programs can be run for the convenience of parents and to upskill support staff. Please contact us to discuss your organisation’s needs.
Clinical supervision of occupational therapy students, new graduates, or allied health assistance students. Contact Rhianna for more information.
Therapy, sensory, and education products
We now stock a select range of products, available to purchase locally from the practice. Check our facebook page for our current stock. Alternatively, please click the link to be directed to the Skillbuilders Therapy Product Shop Online, where you can select from a wider range of products, delivered to your door. By using the link, we receive a small commission for referring you, so you will be supporting us as well as supporting Skillbuilders, which is a WA owned and operated business. Thank you for your support.